Friday, January 5, 2007

Vacations and Gratitudes

...remembering almost two weeks ago, sitting here thinking about the wonderful blessing of the days ahead.
...sitting here, 2 days left, grateful for time well spent, happiness, serenity, and smiles -- but still wishing for just ONE more week.

Sigh.

Turning off the alarm clock did this, huh? I'll be fine after next Monday -- survive and thrive. That's the Monday motto.

Of course, a small quantity of fine chocolate wouldn't be refused at that time...

Thank you, Lord.

I'm grateful for these past two weeks.

I'm grateful for the Siamese, their constancy, the funny-naughty ways that make me smile each and every day, the purring and the love. Please help me keep them safe, healthy, and happy for many, many years to come.

I'm grateful for the silence of the alarm clock.

I'm grateful for good books, for Richard Gere and George Clooney, for hot tea, early mornings in my pj's, and serenity. Most of all the serenity.

I'm grateful for the gentle nudges that helped me write every day. Felt good, Lord -- thank you. Please keep nudging.

I'm grateful for Kathy, for Joyce and her husband Chris, for Karen and the boys, for so many other caring friends.

I'm grateful for time, for peace, for showing me a doorway to serenity and putting the abuses of the past (and those relationships) where they belong -- in the past.

I pray you'll find a way to help K and T find their way back to each other's love. I pray you'll help each of them understand and renew with compassion and hope.

Thank you, Lord. Please help me DO.

No comments: