Saturday, February 16, 2008

Lazy, easy Saturday -- I'm grateful. Sunshine through every one of the huge windows lining one wall of my two-story condo -- gorgeous, lovely sunshine topped with blue skies and the greens of plants lining my patio. Siameezers sleeping next to me (or on my lap), 'helping' me fold laundry and 'helping' me read by sitting on my book/newspapers. Laughter. Smiles. Lovely. Peaceful. Calm.

Home.

Love.

Arnold signed the school and health care budget cuts into law this afternoon. In all likelihood that signature sealed the fate of the grant money we were hoping to spend on new textbooks and instruments because our wise leaders in the d.o. will steal those funds to make up this loss -- and, by the way, make themselves quite a hefty profit at the same time. So we're back to zero . Discouraging? You bet. Disheartening. That too. Love the kids I work with. Tolerating the upper administrative follies with less and less patience this year -- and can't blame myself one bit. Enough already.

but I whine....

Three day weekend with very little on the list besides the usual house schlep and a wee bit of homework for next week. So -- tah dah -- tomorrow I WRITE. 1K a day the goal from now on. FINISH -- and start anew. Get the habits in gear again and DO.

My color today? Light, bright -- yellow sun, blue sky, green nature -- happy.

My heart? Happy.

Thank you, Lord. Well and truly blessed -- and grateful. That's me.

No comments: